2020.2 Grant Pool Valuation

Do you approve the value of 119,000FCT for grant round 2020.2?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

Have not voted

Authority Nodes Consensus Networks Consensus Networks Innovative Secured Connection (ISC)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timed Discussion

Discussion ended:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grant round 2020.2 is fully upon us and we do not yet have the final amount agreed to. I am proposing this two day discussion followed by a 36 hour voting period to determine the final amount for grant round.

Based upon my grant pool calculator, I am seeing:

Current block: 244175
Current round: 2020.2
Activation block: 246401
Payout block: 247401
Payout date: 2020-06-01
Existing Grant Pool: 89720
Grant round contribution to payout date: 30487
Grant pool at payout date: 120207

Therefore, I propose we vote to approve the grant pool amount for round 2020.2 at:

120,000FCT paid out on block 247401 with an activation block of 246401.

This does not allow much room for error and I welcome anyone else who has done their own calculations to bring them forward so we can discuss and lock in the final amount prior to voting commencing.

-Nolan

Chappie

Factomize Bot
This thread is a Custom Timed Discussion and I am designed to help facilitate efficient communication.

Everyone may take part in this discussion and vote. Unless this discussion is ended early or extended, it will end in 2 days after which a vote may take place. After 18 hours from the start of the thread or any point up until 24 hours are left in the discussion, you can make a motion to end the discussion immediately or extend the discussion beyond it's initial time frame by selecting the pertinent button at the top of this thread. If someone "seconds" your motion, a poll will take place and if a majority of voters vote yes by the time the discussion is scheduled to end, the time period will be extended for 24 hours.

Based on my calculator, which only estimates it to the nearest day rather than the nearest block, I think 120k is likely to be an accurate estimate of the size of the grant pool on payout day.

However, if we payout 120k it really leaves us no room for error at all. In the past we have left a small buffer. Here, the payment of 120k could take us into negative territory if the calculation is off only slightly or if there is more than 1 moderate efficiency change. I suggest we lower the total amount very slightly just to give us a small amount of breathing room.

Is the grant pool holding any bug bounty funds?

Is the grant pool holding any bug bounty funds?
It's around 200 FCT, according to this https://github.com/FactomProject/factomd/blob/master/state/grants.go, if I calculated correctly.

This does not allow much room for error and I welcome anyone else who has done their own calculations to bring them forward so we can discuss and lock in the final amount prior to voting commencing.
I think reducing max possible awards by 1% (1200 FCT), which is equal to ~1 day of pause, is a good way to go.
Considering 200 FCT of bug bounty, we may go for 119000 FCT total for this grant round.

That’s a great point that I overlooked... the bug bounties.

For my calculator, I’ll add in the 1% buffer for future calculations. In the past as guides we used buffers but wasn’t sure which buffer to use. 1% seems appropriate. I’ll also work to code in the bug bounties and any “escrow” type grants that haven’t paid out yet.

Chappie

Factomize Bot
We are now 18 hours into the discussion. If you have taken part in the thread, you may now make a motion to extend this Custom Discussion by 24 hours or end this conversation by selecting the pertinent button at the top of this thread. This option will end when there are 24 hours left in the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.