Ratified Doc 001 - Factom Governance

Public: Only invited members may reply

• Viewed Bedrock Solutions Bedrock Solutions Blockchain Innovation Foundation Blockchain Innovation Foundation Blockrock Mining Blockrock Mining Brian Deery Canonical Ledgers Canonical Ledgers Consensus Networks Consensus Networks CryptoLogic CryptoLogic Cube3 Cube3 DBGrow DBGrow De Facto De Facto Factable Solutions Factable Solutions Factom Inc Factom Inc Factomatic Factomatic Factomize Factomize Factoshi Factoshi Federate This Federate This Go Immutable HashQuark HashnStore HashnStore Kompendium Kompendium LayerTech LayerTech Luciap Luciap Matters Matters Multicoin Capital Multicoin Capital Nic R Niels Klomp Nolan Bauer PrestigeIT PrestigeIT Quintilian RewardChain RewardChain Stamp-IT Stamp-IT The Factoid Authority The Factoid Authority VBIF VBIF
  • Not Viewed None

Should the document be ratified or amended as specified by the thread type?

Have not voted

Authority Nodes Consensus Networks Consensus Networks De Facto De Facto

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timed Discussion

Discussion ended:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Community members -

Your inputs have been gathered and the Guides have consolidated all changes into Draft V.1.6. We are ready to bring this document up for your consideration and ratification.

All changes between V.1.5 and Draft V.1.6 can be compared here. Significant changes include Section 3: Authority Set, Section 6.2.6: Grant Success support category removal, and some other cleaning up of the document.

Thank you in advance for your engagement and discussion.

On behalf of the Factom Protocol Guides,

Nolan Bauer

Chappie

Factomize Bot
This thread is a Document Ratification/Amendment Timed Discussion and I am designed to help facilitate efficient communication.

Guides and ANOs may take part in this discussion and vote. Unless this discussion is ended early or extended, it will end in 8 days after which a vote will take place. After 18 hours from the start of the thread or any point up until 24 hours are left in the discussion, you can make a motion to end the discussion immediately or extend the discussion beyond it's initial time frame by selecting the pertinent button at the top of this thread. If someone "seconds" your motion, a poll will take place which requires a majority of Standing Parties to vote one way or the other.

At the end of the discussion period, Guides will vote first and 4 must vote yes otherwise the process ends. If 4 do vote yes, ANOs then vote and if 60% vote yes, the document is successfully ratified or amended.

Chappie

Factomize Bot
We are now 18 hours into the discussion. You may now make a motion to extend this Document Ratification/Amendment Discussion by an additional 72 hours or end this conversation by selecting the pertinent button at the top of this thread. This option will end when there are 24 hours left in the discussion.

David Kuiper

Bedrock Solutions
I've reviewed the changes and they look good. Thanks to the guides for this update.

I found one small error - the definition for Community says, "and using the the Factom protocol".

If anyone is like me and has been scrolling up and down to compare changes in the comparable documents, I finally noticed there is a "Sync Scrolling" option that when turned off makes it much easier to compare.

1572369044891.png

Thank you for the effort put into updating this critical document.
With apologies in being late to the party I have a few observations:
4.4.1 Talks about the anchor master and states that "Details of how to define and manage these roles can be refined over time." It then describes issues to consider in more detail. I suggest that as a Governance Doc we should not be vague about such things and ought to leave this as "Details of how to define and manage these roles may be refined over time." without being specific.
5.1 Talks about token rewards and 5.1.1 states "This is roughly a 10 percent inflation rate for the first year of token distribution." We are past the first year of distribution and should update this.
5.2 Grant Pool Allocation - unless I am missing something isn't this also a discussion about efficiency, in which case it should refer to efficiency.
6.2.1.3.2 States "Token locking functionality is not yet implemented in the protocol. The need and implementation schedule for token locking will be developed in Q2 of 2018." This is a past date.
6.3 Delegation "Delegation allows parties that don’t have too much influence to lend their influence to parties that can spend more time thinking and researching issues regarding the protocol." Isn't delegation less about amount of influence and more about the amount of experience, time & energy someone can put into making a decision? You could be very influential but not sufficiently informed.

Chappie

Factomize Bot
The final poll is available for Guides to vote on now for 3 days. If Guides pass the vote with 4 "Yes" votes then ANOs will be able to vote. If Guides fail to pass, there will be no further action.

Status
Not open for further replies.