FactoVerse ANO application

Standing Parties: Please score this ANO Candidate from 0 - 60

Have not voted

Authority Nodes Consensus Networks Consensus Networks Innovative Secured Connection (ISC) Kompendium Kompendium

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dear Factom Community,

FactoVerse is a team of three people that aim to revolutionize the document authenticity in recruitment processes. We are a bit late to this round of ANO applications but still hope to be considered. Our legal entity is not yet created and neither website set up. We are also only setting up a testnet server in first week of May which we will keep running even if not making this election round.

Our strategy is to start off as an Infrastructure node with high quality and generously resourced server spec. We aim to apply in the beginning an efficiency of 90% as we do not add much additional value to the commuity, and then reduce efficiency as we build the company and add true value to the ecosystme though the company.

We suggest as a governance improvement to create some rules around when efficiency is permitted to be reduced as currenlty this is not managed conclusively in the existing governance.

Kevin Korbien
https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinkorbien/

Anna Korbien
https://www.linkedin.com/in/anna-korbien-9804a784/

Martin Becker
https://www.linkedin.com/in/martinbecker1/

Regards,
Kevin

Last edited:
Hi Kevin - thanks for your application!

You've got a strong CV behind you - but haven't really talked about this experience in your application.

"We suggest as a governance improvement to create some rules around when efficiency is permitted to be reduced as currenlty this is not managed conclusively in the existing governance."

Factom policy is definitely a work in progress - and this is one area you've highlighted that could certainly be improved. I think it would help your application if you share some high-level ideas on this, or examples of policy you've helped write in the past.

Will Martin be running the tech side of things?

Kind Regards!

Thank you for applying to be an ANO! I'll likely have some specific questions later, these are simply questions I am asking all applicants.

1. Will you commit to, if elected, having, at the very least, the executives who will play a role in this ecosystem:
A. Signup for this forum with their username being First Name Last Name
B. Have a personal picture as their avatar.

It's not a requirement that this happen and some won't care but I personally will score those who won't commit to this a little lower and I want to be transparent about that.

2. Will you commit to having a logo created and/or submitted to this area within 30 days of your election (I would provide directions).

3. Will you commit to keeping this area updated for your team (it's easy).

4. Will you commit to providing at least a quarterly update on the progress your team is making in this area.

5. If you haven't already posted them within this thread, please provide the LinkedIn of anyone you mention as part of your team.

Thank you!

Hi Kevin - thanks for your application!

You've got a strong CV behind you - but haven't really talked about this experience in your application.

"We suggest as a governance improvement to create some rules around when efficiency is permitted to be reduced as currenlty this is not managed conclusively in the existing governance."

Factom policy is definitely a work in progress - and this is one area you've highlighted that could certainly be improved. I think it would help your application if you share some high-level ideas on this, or examples of policy you've helped write in the past.

Will Martin be running the tech side of things?

Kind Regards!
Dear Colin, many thanks for your interest in my application.

Indeed I am in early converstations with Martin to support on the tech side as he is experienced with ANOs already. I did not mention it in the application as I do not like to sell half backed solutions.

With regards to my governance experience I have been designing policies and procedure for Morgan Stanley in London in my function as Vice President. I also had in that role strong involvement with bank related regulatory compliance topics (Basel 3, etc) and should be able to transfer some of the regulatory experience and best practice into the Factrom universe.

In both Morgan Stanley and Emirates am active in industry forums and in case of Emirates lead the Working Group for Global Risk Management Topics.

Within Emirates I received the mandate to establishe a group wide risk governance structure, which is executed and a working solution now after 3 years. That involved to change the way how an 100,000 employee organisation onboards and monitors their clients, an interesting and challenging task of corporate change management. Now my agenda is on Artificial Intelligence based risk event prediction which is becoming a big passion of mine as I sink deeper and deeper into that specific rabbit hole.

Please see below the philosophy I follow in designing governance system.
- self regulating mechanisms which align community stakeholder incentives in a positive feedback cycle
- above point lead to lean governance with low bureaucracy on back of the self enforcing mechanisms in place

Last edited:
Thank you for applying to be an ANO! I'll likely have some specific questions later, these are simply questions I am asking all applicants.

1. Will you commit to, if elected, having, at the very least, the executives who will play a role in this ecosystem:
A. Signup for this forum with their username being First Name Last Name
B. Have a personal picture as their avatar.
I will surely do that as I have shown already with my own profile moved from annonymious to professional avatar.
I am planning to contribute in various Forums of Factom, while my team members will focus on the business development of the FactoVerse. We aim to find a bottom up viral grass root mechanism to solve the recruitment problem mentioned int he application. We had initial brain storm sessions but i am certain the concept will change drastically still.

It's not a requirement that this happen and some won't care but I personally will score those who won't commit to this a little lower and I want to be transparent about that.

2. Will you commit to having a logo created and/or submitted to this area within 30 days of your election (I would provide directions).

This is already work in progress. It will be a concept of a galaxy with a fingerprint as centre.

3. Will you commit to keeping this area updated for your team (it's easy).
YES -

4. Will you commit to providing at least a quarterly update on the progress your team is making in this area.
YES - actually thinking about monthly and also looking to collect community feedback/suggestions.

5. If you haven't already posted them within this thread, please provide the LinkedIn of anyone you mention as part of your team.
Already posted above in initial link.
Thank you!

Hello, FactoVerse, thank you for application.
I ask this questions all ANO candidates:

1. With what efficiency are you going to operate?

2. If your efficiency is lower, than 60%:
2.1. What have you already pledged to the Factom? It's a good practice, when ANO candidates pledge works in advance before being elected.
2.2. Do you have an experience in running business? What kind of businesses it were? Please tell us more about it, so we can understand your strengths and what expect from your ANO if it will be elected.
2.3. What a minimum number of hours per week are you going to work for Factom? Do you commit it?

3. Do you participate in any other cryptocurrency projects? If yes, please reveal details.

I plan to operate at an efficiency of 90pct.

I did run nodes for the Horizen project but stopped it when I found and invested Factom.
What will you do, when there will be only 1 server per Operator (I hope it will be sooner, than later, in order of increasing decentralization) and FCT price / crypto market will be in downtrend, e.g. FCT price will be $5 or lower.

Hey Factoverse and thanks for application!

That is a great question Anton.
With 1 node at 90% efficiency and a 5$ Factoid = a gross revenue of around $500/month
With 2 nodes at 90% efficiency and a 5$ Factoid = a gross revenue of around $1000/month
Has your team put aside (or raised) some capital to maintain operations in the most desperate scenarios?
How much of your time can you and your team contribute to governance and the overall Factom ecosystem on a budget like that...in the beginning?

Thanks for your application and time!

Reid McLeay

RewardChain
Hi FactoVerse,

Could you please elaborate on what you plan to do to revolutionise the document authenticity in recruitment processes?
I'm particularly interested in what the problem is that you're going to solve, and how your team is going to solve it.

Thanks for applying.

What will you do, when there will be only 1 server per Operator (I hope it will be sooner, than later, in order of increasing decentralization) and FCT price / crypto market will be in downtrend, e.g. FCT price will be $5 or lower.
many thanks for the interest in my application. I see that as an investment in trust of the community. I do not aim to make a profit from that in the beginning. I also plan to justify any efficiency decrease in the forum when it is needed and get community support for such moves. This is not required as per current governance, but to me good practice to build a healthy trusting communnity.

Last edited:
Hey Factoverse and thanks for application!

That is a great question Anton.
With 1 node at 90% efficiency and a 5$ Factoid = a gross revenue of around $500/month
With 2 nodes at 90% efficiency and a 5$ Factoid = a gross revenue of around $1000/month
Has your team put aside (or raised) some capital to maintain operations in the most desperate scenarios?
How much of your time can you and your team contribute to governance and the overall Factom ecosystem on a budget like that...in the beginning?

Thanks for your application and time!
Many thanks for your question and interest in FactoVerse. The business of Martin (Viasto) who is part of the team has a healthy positive cash flow, which we will tap for the phase of building the FactoVerse venture in the beginning. we will likely reduce the efficiency later on, but only if we can show justified expenses. Key for us is to invest in trust building for whcih one tool is a bit of initial sunk cost and another tool is a very transparent communication of our approach.

Hi FactoVerse,

Could you please elaborate on what you plan to do to revolutionise the document authenticity in recruitment processes?
I'm particularly interested in what the problem is that you're going to solve, and how your team is going to solve it.

Thanks for applying.
Recruitment is plaqued by fake degrees and certifications. The current process of validating such documents is very manual and often requries dedicated agencies to be engages. Hence it will only be done for senior assignments where the effort is acceptable in relation to the salary spend. consequently in the lower and middle ranges of jobs many people outcompete others on ground of fake documents and are not caught doing so.

We are going to use the factom protocoll to authenticate each degree or certificate. for that to work we need to build an ecosystem of degree/certificate providers like universities. we aim to to that via APIs that degree providers can easily plug into. there will be two ways to certify documents:
1. directly by university when degree is issued a hash is being created which can be verified anytime in the future
2. a user can create a hash at later stage, which will require confirmation of the issuing university though.

we will use the existing network of viasto business partners to provide the document certification cervice as an add on to recruitment platforms. this can then be purchased by the companies usingt he platforms for a small fee which is much cheaper than hiring an external agency.

Jay Cheroske

Bedrock Solutions
I've decided to ask all prospective ANOs the following:
  • What experiences do you have running dockerized applications?
  • What are some things you learned while running your testnet servers?
  • How have your ideas about mainnet infrastructure changed as you have become more familiar with running factomd?
Apologies if you have already answered one or more of these somewhere else.

Thank you for your application. You obviously have considerable experience of recruitment and a passion for revolutionizing the document authenticity in recruitment processes.
Given the importance of solid infrastructure, high availability and the need for technical management in the Factom protocol, under what circumstances would you "recruit" someone who chose to pay to subcontract those skills whilst offering to work for a salary that may not not cover their costs?

You write in your application that you will lower efficiency for development purposes. The higher the efficiency during election the more points you will get. Yet you mention you will lower it over time. What levels would you expect, as "organically" can mean you can get in at 90% but start running at 0% in two months ;)

Given your background I think the ecosystem could gain a lot of experience in the governance department. It is however also a part that takes a whole lot of time. Do you believe your team will be able to allocate enough time to your Factom endeavours?