Grant Round 2020.4 Final Amount V2 vote

Public: Only invited members may reply

• Viewed BlockVenture Blockchain Innovation Foundation Blockchain Innovation Foundation Consensus Networks Consensus Networks CryptoLogic CryptoLogic Cube3 Cube3 DBGrow DBGrow De Facto De Facto Factom Inc Factom Inc Factomatic Factomatic Factoshi Factoshi Federate This Federate This Go Immutable HashnStore HashnStore Kompendium Kompendium Luciap Luciap Nolan Bauer PrestigeIT PrestigeIT RewardChain RewardChain Stamp-IT Stamp-IT The Factoid Authority The Factoid Authority VBIF VBIF
  • Not Viewed HashQuark

Do you approve the value of 170,000FCT for grant round 2020.4?

Have not voted

Authority Nodes BlockVenture Factom Inc Factom Inc

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timed Discussion

Discussion ended:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to my ineptness, the previous minor discussion and poll was invalid due to it being open to all community members. I am reposting this discussion and poll. Please let me know if this appears to be wrong again. I will plan to shut down the discussion early since there was no input on the previous thread on this subject.

In accordance with Doc 107, the Standing Parties must approve the grant round amount with 3/5 vote.

Here is a breakdown of the report I ran on block 267862:

Current block: 267862
Current round: 2020.4
Activation block: 272726
Payout block: 273726
Payout date: 2020-12-01
Existing Grant Pool: 117862.0968
Grant round contribution to payout date: 58280
Grant pool at payout date: 174380.675832

This calculation provides a 1% buffer to the valuation. If we were to provide a 3% buffer, the valuation is closer to 170,000FCT (170857.833896FCT).

Open to discussions and ultimate approval for the final amount.

Chappie

Factomize Bot
This thread is a Minor Timed Discussion and I am designed to help facilitate efficient communication.

Only ANOs may take part in this discussion and vote. Unless this discussion is ended early or extended, it will end in 3 days after which a vote may take place. After 18 hours from the start of the thread or any point up until 24 hours are left in the discussion, you can make a motion to end the discussion immediately or extend the discussion beyond it's initial time frame by selecting the pertinent button at the top of this thread. If someone "seconds" your motion, a poll will take place and if a majority of voters vote yes by the time the discussion is scheduled to end, the time period will be extended for 24 hours.

I am fine either way. I think there is something to be said for 3% given there are leftover FCT from previous round regardless and 3% being the safe option if other ANO(s) decide to lower their efficiency. Then there is still a little bit reserved for stuff like the currently paused bug bounty program
Likely to be under subscribed again. That would absorb any error. Any short fall in the range of 2% amounts to ~3400 fct more or less. That's is easily made up by a delay in issuing the tokens by one to three days, or even just ignored. (The grant pool grows a bit over 1000 tokens a day. A slight error would be covered very quickly)

Chappie

Factomize Bot
We are now 18 hours into the discussion. You may now make a motion to extend this Minor Discussion by an additional 24 hours or end this conversation by selecting the pertinent button at the top of this thread. This option will end when there are 24 hours left in the discussion.

Chappie

Factomize Bot
Niels Klomp has made a motion to end the discussion early. If someone seconds this motion by selecting the button below, a vote on the motion will start.

A majority voting yay will pass the motion and the discussion will end immediately. This motion will remain open until the normal discussion period ends or a motion to end the discussion is passed by a majority.

Chappie

Factomize Bot
Anton Ilzheev has seconded the motion to end the discussion early.

A motion is now active at the top of this thread to vote if you want to end the discussion early and move on the next phase. A majority voting yes will pass the motion and the discussion will be closed immediately. This vote will remain open until the normal discussion period ends or another motion is passed.

Still happy with 1%.

I see no reason for wider margins. (Not needing the margin does not justify higher margins)

Mitigation of an overrun is easily addressed. We can do one or more of the following:
  1. Adjust the limit prior to closing grant discussions.
  2. Reduce grants proportionately before activation
  3. Ignore the temporary over issue of tokens, as it self corrects quickly
  4. Delay activation until tokens are available

@PaulSnow That all deviates from what we have in governance. Can we please just keep this simple and go with the 170K. I think everyone in here has better things to discuss than the 1% or 3%.

As soon as the vote is open, I hope everyone is okay with voting for 170K FCT for this round as proposed by @Nolan Bauer .
That's fine. I thought I was defending the initial estimate, but meh.

Mitigation is still possibly necessary, so it seems helpful to me to list what we might do.

I'm not sure if governance prohibits a response to a failure to accurately predict available tokens, but I'll take your word for it if it does.

Chappie

Factomize Bot
The motion to end the discussion has passed.

Discussion has ended and the final vote is now open. It will last for 48 hours. Please take the time to vote accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.