Informal Director Nominations

Timed Discussion

Discussion ended:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
Based-on the "Factom Director Period - Comment Period" thread and vote, I will be moving forward with a formal Director Governance proposal. @Hinamatsuri reached out, offering to help. If anyone else would like to help, please DM me in Discord (@matt24). Thanks!

In the meantime, because the issue of "Who the actual Director could be" is crucial, I will be soliciting informal nominations. Once I have nominations, I will reach out to be people to see if they would be interested (non-binding, as it is tough to officially commit without seeing the final Governance proposal). If the Director Governance proposal passes, then we will proceed to formal Director nominations. Obviously, this process is a bit clunky, but I want to make sure all standing parties/ANOs have as much information as possible before the formal Director Governance proposal vote discussion and vote occurs.

INFORMAL NOMINATION PROCESS
1. Informal nominations are officially open and will last for 6 days
  • You can email FactomDirector@gmail.com (newly setup email address) with the person you would like to see be a Director. This allows people to anonymously nominate people. For transparency purposes, I have setup auto-forwarding to @Hinamatsuri
  • Nominations can also be Direct Messaged via Discord (@matt24 or @Hinamatsuri )
  • You can also reply in this thread with who you would like to informally nominate

2. After the 6 day informal nomination period has concluded, I will make all nominations Public
3. In the meantime, we will work on completing the Director Governance proposal document (will take more than 6 days)
4. Once done, I will reach out to each individual (sharing the Director Governance document) to see if they would be interested in being Director (non-binding committal)
5. We will then put up the Director Governance proposal for a formal Governance vote with a list of names of people potentially willing to run if the proposal passes
6. If the proposal passes, those people would run in a formal election if they still choose to do so (other people could still throw their hat into the ring for Director also).

Chappie

Factomize Bot
This thread is a Custom Timed Discussion and I am designed to help facilitate efficient communication.

Everyone may take part in this discussion and vote. Unless this discussion is ended early or extended, it will end in 6 days after which a vote may take place. After 18 hours from the start of the thread or any point up until 24 hours are left in the discussion, you can make a motion to end the discussion immediately or extend the discussion beyond it's initial time frame by selecting the pertinent button at the top of this thread. If someone "seconds" your motion, a poll will take place and if a majority of voters vote yes by the time the discussion is scheduled to end, the time period will be extended for 24 hours.

Chappie

Factomize Bot
We are now 18 hours into the discussion. If you have taken part in the thread, you may now make a motion to extend this Custom Discussion by 24 hours or end this conversation by selecting the pertinent button at the top of this thread. This option will end when there are 24 hours left in the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.