[Open DLT SL] Anton Ilzheev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello community,
this is my application for General Seat Council position through my recently founded EU company.

Background
I have been working in business, web and blockchain development within past 15 years.
Past 3 years, starting from February 2018 (6 months before elected as ANO), I have been working full-time on Factom Protocol related things on behalf of De Facto:
  • Development of various applications and services on top of Factom (Real-time explorer, Factom Open API, Factom DID Golang library, Ethereum gateway, EC stores, Application Hub, Telegram bot, Testnet Monitoring, and others)
  • Factom-related business development (BaaS platform, PoCs for enterprises, participating in accelerators)
  • Work in Exchange Committee, experience with exchanges
  • Work in Website Committee, maintaining and improving forum and documentation portal (together with other website committee members)
  • Active participation in governance and tokenomics discussions
Council Position Motivation
I am glad that we decided to move away from decentralized protocol governance and applied director-council strategy.
I think it's the right direction for the protocol, and many of things need our attention right now — we need to show the world, that Factom Protocol is actively developing and not dead. If we want to achieve this, we need to work together, and make good decisions for the protocol.

I am applying for General Council position because I think that I can bring my experience and ideas, that would help the protocol to go in the right direction.
The protocol success is very important for me — not everyone knows, so I think that I need to publicly disclose, that in the end of 2020 I have relocated to Europe and started EU company to build the blockchain related business in Europe. We are in contact with Spanish Ministry of Economy and starting from 2021 we are applying for EU blockchain grants and accelerators programs.

Conflicts of Interests
The only one conflict of interests is me being a Factom ANO. At the current stage I will keep leading De Facto and our blockchain development business.

Compensation
I am running for Council position not because of money, but because I extremely want Factom Protocol to be successful. I am going to dedicate ~20 hours per month as a council, and I ask for 500 FCT/mo renumeration.

Last edited:
Thanks Anton for submitting your candidacy.

You have been a strong believer in the Factom protocol and you have invested a lot of energy within the community on several initiatives.

I would like to get more information on the value you could bring to the protocol through this new council position.

1. Based on your profile which is quite technical, I was expecting to see you submitting your candidacy for the technical seat. Could you expand further why you think you better suit in the general seat?
2. Part of the responsability of the council is the "mission statement". Coul you tell us what is your view on the mission statement of Factom? What is your vision?
3. Do you foresee any important differences between your vision and the one of the current Factom Director ? If yes, what compromises would you be ready to consider ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

PS: and welcome to Europe! :)

@Matthias Fortin firstly, thank you for kind words!

1. Based on your profile which is quite technical, I was expecting to see you submitting your candidacy for the technical seat. Could you expand further why you think you better suit in the general seat?
You're right that my profile is quite technical. It's great to have technical background and understanding of how things and processes work, but I would also like to develop my skills in the business management field. The protocol is certainly not a business, but there are some similarities to a business in the way we plan, develop and market the protocol.

There are a lot of very smart people in the community with deep knowledge in the technology, and I am glad to work together with them in order to make our technology better, but primarily I see myself as a general seat candidate, that helps moving protocol into right directions without deep digging into core development.

2. Part of the responsability of the council is the "mission statement". Coul you tell us what is your view on the mission statement of Factom? What is your vision?
I have multiple ideas and see multiple directions of how we can improve Factom Protocol, and I could talk a lot of about all of them, but I would highlight main three of them:

1) Attract 2nd level applications and teams behind them, lower entry barrier for new developers.
Protocol success = dApps success × number of dApps.

2) Interoperability with other blockchains in different ways:
  • Wrapped FCT token, opening us a way to the DeFi, which is mostly on the Ethereum
  • Data bridges and connectors (allow dApps on other blockchains to use Factom, allow exchanges to easily connect native FCT)
  • W3C standards compatibility for our technologies (e.g. allow people to migrate existing Ethereum DIDs into Factom DIDs with ease)
3) Improve our token and community health — add more incentives to hold the token, grow the community.

3. Do you foresee any important differences between your vision and the one of the current Factom Director ? If yes, what compromises would you be ready to consider ?
I don't foresee important differences between my and Niels's vision. We had some disagreements and heated discussions in the past, but I don't think that it's the case now. I feel we are mostly on the same page and can successfully work together to make the protocol better.

Last edited:
This is a question I will ask everyone:

Given the council is primarily responsible for the mission statement and oversight and thus operates more at a tactical level can you give me some examples or experience you have in this area or something that as closely resembles this role?

Basically why are you the right person for this job?

Hey @Niels Klomp!
Yes, I have plenty of experience in business management.
  1. Before blockchain development and Factom, I was leading my own web development company (from 2008 to 2014) with several employees and multiple clients around the world.
  2. I was in the board of two Russian online stores (100K+ annual revenue each), oversighting the work and the strategy of this shops without being operationally involved in its work on daily basis.
  3. In Factom community I participate in the Exchange Committee.
  4. After recent relocation I started focusing on the business development and found people to delegate them some coding works. My plan is to fully delegate coding works eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.