Q1 2020 Report

You are viewing an older update. There is a newer update available.
Previous Update: Q1 2020 Report
Hello, community! There is our report for Q1 2020.

--
Factom® PRO
We continue working hard on our BaaS platform:
  1. After receiving positive feedback from the Ministry of Economy and Business of Spain, I decided to relocate Factom PRO to the EU. It gives us direct access to European markets and allows to work with EU governments and municipalities.
  2. I have got an entrepreneur visa and ready to relocate the company after the COVID situation becomes better. For clarity, De Facto ANO remains to be incorporated in Russia and I keep Russian entity to work with Russian companies.
  3. We have changed the strategy and started pitching our platform and services to CEOs and CTOs of IT and software development companies, that have a clear usage case for the blockchain/DLT.
  4. We have updated the landing and services pages and made SEO optimization of the website.
  5. Right now we are preparing a marketing campaign, that will be launched soon.

--
Verifiq
We started working on decentralized computing network (2nd layer protocol) on top of Factom. It's called Verifiq.
Verifiq is on PoC stage and so it is not officially announced, but for the transparency of our work, I decided to post information about Verifiq here.

1585734393996.png

Verifiq is a unique combination of Tendermint Core and Factom technologies into a single protocol, which makes it an ideal solution for any enterprise applications.

Verifiq allows users to log on to the network and use dApps, while retaining control over their identities, credentials, and digital assets using decentralized identifiers (DIDs).

Presentation: https://verifiq.org/verifiq.pdf

We have developed PoC of Verifiq node, which uses Factom and Tendermint Core libs while building blocks and has instant finality of transactions.

The main design goal is not just to scale Factom network with Tendermint Core, but have full compatibility between Verifiq entries and Factom entries, so DIDs/tokens/domains/etc that created on Verifiq will be available and readable on Factom and vice versa. So at the same time, all Factom related development — tokens, Ledger support, DIDs, etc. — will be also available on Verifiq.

--
Golang Factom DID Library
We continue working on Golang Factom DID library.
We recently shared library design overview: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19JvrOyVKk6hHTtUuWoH1HS3vGQAu1MjbwsPgj33tIFo/edit

Native Golang library may be used into Golang applications — such as factomd, Factom Open API, FAT node, Verifiq node/API — and will allow to easily integrate DID and build APIs for working with DID on top of this lib.

We aim to release the lib and cover it with tests until the next grant round and apply for a backpay grant if the development will be completely finished.

--
Exchange Working Group
A lot of works has been done internally as a part of Exchange Working Group. We have set up communication channels with the entity, which works on PegNet listings and work with them to bring FCT on good exchanges. More information has been already shared here by WG.

--
Factom article on Forklog HUB
We have written an article about Factom and posted it on Forklog HUB. Forklog is the biggest Russian online-magazine about cryptocurrencies.

--
Community Works
  • Participated in most governance discussions
  • PegNet Telegram administration
  • Factom Reddit administration
  • Supporting people in Factom Testnet

--
Keep maintaining

Hi Anton,

Thank you for an impressive update. Just a thought..one of the global challenges we may soon have is proving whether people who have had Coronavirus and been tested have an immunity to it, thereby allowing them to work etc. Do you think that any of your work on credentials and identities would be suited to that.?

You might want to get in contact with us about some things. Probably you will want to use the openapi specs we are creating for DIDs, Identity chains etc. Prerelease will be around next week.

If you have DIDs you do not have auth automatically etc.
I see a lot of same direction being taken over time , we took a very long time ago, or rather right from the start as we foresaw several problems. I hope not a lot of redundant work is being done on several fronts as that would a shame (the did golang lib is certainly needed by itself).

You referenced the Spanish ministry before as well. Can you tell how solid that is as you mention it now again? Reason I am asking that we could list all minestaries, banks, cities, judicial entities and other companies we are either working with or in contact with, but there is a distinction between being able to actually name them or not. Since you referenced it twice now in public, I was wondering about this.

I have a question for both Anton and Niels please. Given the risk that developers now or in the future may choose to progress a Factom application or some aspect of one, that has previously been considered and discounted. How do we ensure that:

1 Future developers are made aware
2 The reasons why something was discounted are fully transparent
3 Any new developer can rapidly assess whether anything has changed that would make the work more feasible

Is this something that the Core Committee manage or can manage?

Not sure what you mean or getting at exactly tbh.
Hi Niels,

It seems as if you were concerned about duplicating effort:
"I see a lot of same direction being taken over time , we took a very long time ago, or rather right from the start as we foresaw several problems. I hope not a lot of redundant work is being done on several fronts as that would a shame"

I wanted to establish if there were ways we could ensure we did not duplicate effort.

Sorry if I was not clear enough before and hope it is clearer now.

You might want to get in contact with us about some things. Probably you will want to use the openapi specs we are creating for DIDs, Identity chains etc. Prerelease will be around next week.
You told "OpenAPI specs" — do you mean specification for REST API on top of DID lib, right?
Having the same API methods for Golang, Python and Java libs would be good.

Btw, what's about data structures FIP (your DID FIP grant from last June)?
Currently I am following Python DID lib data structures and schemas, just fyi.

I see a lot of same direction being taken over time , we took a very long time ago, or rather right from the start as we foresaw several problems. I hope not a lot of redundant work is being done on several fronts as that would a shame (the did golang lib is certainly needed by itself).
I agree with you here, we should share open-source code with each other — with scarcity of resources, there is absolutely no sense to do the same work in parallel. Would be great if you make your auth module open-source.

You referenced the Spanish ministry before as well. Can you tell how solid that is as you mention it now again? Reason I am asking that we could list all minestaries, banks, cities, judicial entities and other companies we are either working with or in contact with, but there is a distinction between being able to actually name them or not. Since you referenced it twice now in public, I was wondering about this.
I referenced it second time in the context of company relocation.
They like the technology and our BaaS platform and so they provided me a fast-track for receiving residential entrepreneur visa.
I am in contact with them, but there is no works/contracts signed yet, because the relocation is slightly postponed due to borders closures because of COVID.

You are viewing an older update. There is a newer update available.