Stepping down as Factom Guide

I have decided to step down as Factom guide effectively immediately.

These past years I have tried to the best of my ability to improve the protocol and governance, and at times the work has been very rewarding. I have made a lot of new friends in the community (and I appreciate those friends dearly), but I have come to realize that the work now is highly draining on an emotional level and detrimental to my health.

I will also step down as member of the Factom Core Committee, and I will in fact take a break from the community and focus my efforts on TFA's IoT-SAS/DoE-efforts going forward.

I am confident in Nic, Brian, Nolan and Niels' ability to provide guidance and execute as Guides going forward until a replacement can be found through a new Guide election.

The 42nd Factoid/Tor

Cross-posting from Discord:

Tor, I want to thank you for your nearly two years of service to the Factom protocol as a Guide. I am disappointed you are leaving and it is a great loss to the protocol and community, but I understand how wearing the position can be and the need to refocus on other priorities. You were the most active and consistently performing Guide we've had and a leader to the protocol and that speaks volumes about your character and integrity. I am sorry to see you go.

Cross Posting as well:

not much more to add as I already talked and gave comments to you in private. Probably not a lot of people understand the frustration, anger and relief at this point in time after you have given it everything. Health always comes first. As I said in private, I do hope you will re-engage over time, as the protocol is at a loss without you. But first make sure to go and do other things. Life is more than Factom

I think this is one of those situations where the protocol will not realize just how fortunate they were to have Tor as a Guide until he is gone. As a Guide who only able to stick it out for 3-4 months, the fact Tor did this for almost 2 years is actually one of the more remarkable accomplishments in the ecosystem. I have no idea how he was able to do this. He sacrificed family time and health for the protocol. His dedication to this protocol is astounding. A giant thanks to Tor from us.

A lot has happened today, so I want to say one more thing: Tor and I do not always see eye-to-eye on what is best for the protocol, but I would like to applaud Tor for taking a stand for something he believed in. I hope all future Guides and all ANOs are willing to take unpopular stances, even if it means catching a ton of heat from other ANOs. I hope everyone aspires to this, as I view it as essential to our success.

Thanks again for all your hard work Tor.

I think this is one of those situations where the protocol will not realize just how fortunate they were to have Tor as a Guide until he is gone.
Completely agree, truly a statesman tasked with many roles and a diplomatic steward of the community.

Have huge respect for everything you've done here Tor, always impressed with your comments and actions, hope you stick around in some way. It would a lesser place without you.