The future of the Daily Update email system

What should be the future of the Daily Update email?

Have not voted

Authority Nodes Blockchain Innovation Foundation Blockchain Innovation Foundation Cube3 Cube3 DBGrow DBGrow De Facto De Facto Factom Inc Factom Inc Federate This Federate This Innovative Secured Connection (ISC) Luciap Luciap The Factoid Authority The Factoid Authority

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Standing Parties chose not to fund Cody's work of adding Discord screenshots to the Daily Update. As a result, we currently have it turned off.

Now, the Daily Update email does have additional functionality such as reporting of threads and votes in this forum as well as some reddit posts. In addition, I can think of additional ways the Daily Update can be expanded and made more useful along the lines of what @Jason Chen proposed here. But I'd like the opinion of the Standing Parties and thus this poll.

This poll will close in 72 hours.

Jason Chen

LayerTech
I personally find this really useful to keep up to date and make sure I am not missing votes.

If Guides can keep the calendar up to date, I think it would be helpful to put this week's events (guide meetings, ongoing government discussions, ..etc. on the daily emails as well.

I’m in the same camp as Niels. Unless it’s expanding the community or informing some greater audience, it’s probably not needed. In fact it’s absence may drive more presence on discord/our other news forums.

I disagree with Niels and Jason. They may follow everything closely, and that's great, but not everyone can do that. An email is pretty much free to send. I don't see the harm in keeping it. We can certainly argue against having to fund via a grant for discord snaps. I can make a reasonable case that it could be harmful to stop it. @David Chapman , can you please explain if there is a meaningful cost to keep it?

What about expanding it, does that incur additional costs or time? By whom?
Let's take for example the idea of creating an Agenda/Minutes system to make governance meetings more efficient and transparent. If we tied the Daily Update into this, then Chappie would automatically add a meeting reminder to the Daily Update. If the Guides changed the meeting date or time, he'd add that. He could provide the agenda link and share the minutes once done as well.

It would just take some additional dev time on projects we already plan to do. Nothing very time consuming though.

I disagree with Niels and Jason. They may follow everything closely, and that's great, but not everyone can do that. An email is pretty much free to send. I don't see the harm in keeping it. We can certainly argue against having to fund via a grant for discord snaps. I can make a reasonable case that it could be harmful to stop it. @David Chapman , can you please explain if there is a meaningful cost to keep it?
How can you disagree with me when I literally say I don't need it but will follow majority 😋

The more we can automate away from the guides the better. I say this in context of expanding the functionality to add agenda/minutes functionality. If it can create the agenda automatically and also include functionality for any standing party to add agenda items that would be quite effective. That way any standing party may add an agenda item they want discussed for an upcoming governance meeting. If it could also tie into the governance document section to factomize the minutes that would be beneficial.

Allowing anyone with a forum account to add to the agenda will be an awesome addition. Right now, it’s taking a good amount of time transposing the Guides “next week items” to the individual current business sections. Happy to work with you to streamline the process and automate the agenda creations.